Thursday, August 13, 2020

Work

I'm mostly ok with the work I am doing. Some parts are more enjoyable than others. 

But in the recent one year plus, I've been feeling a little frustrated about things. In local parlance...I think the word "xian" is apt enough. 

I guess it's because of how some of these issues have become long-drawn. Very long-drawn. Through circumstances I cannot control. 
  • Issue #1 is a policy issue which had to go all the way up to the Minister. It's a long standing issue which by right could have been cleared easily but noooo....it's been dragged on since Jan 2018. And through that...I had to ensure a Minister change (which means re-briefing everything right from scratch)....and now I kena a CEO change (yes, which means yet another re-briefing from scratch). This issue is coming to 3 years. zzzzzzzzzzzzz. 
  • Issue #2 is an international relations issue...one that has dragged on for more than a year and which was started by someone else who has since left. For some reason now laoniang is holding this baby... And I've gone through 2 big meetings with the old CEO and management just to push this thing through....and now yes, CEO changed so yes rebriefing again...This project has also had obstacles at almost every turn of the way. Praying this will clear up and get settled soon. Many many redtape involved to the point I feel like puking sometimes. The tons of files and links I have to go through sometimes and I still don't understand some of the processes or can't find what I want. 
  • Issue #3 is an industry relations issue. Partner management if you may. Channel management too. Operational too. Some partners have been giving me issues since 3 years back. And we are still trying to solve some of these bit by bit. Other partners have been giving me headache since a year back. And we are still trying to solve these slowly here and there too. 

Restructuring is coming in the next few months. Part excited, part nervous, part oh I dunno...!

No comments: