Thursday, August 13, 2020

Work Restructuring

Restructuring will be coming in a few months.  

I'll be leading a new team that is really a consolidation of 2 existing teams together into one bigger team. 3 existing headcounts + 1 new hire. I'm happy with a small team. Dynamics easier to handle. It helps that there are at least 2 people in the team I trust. I hope to get a good person in for the new hire as well, my replacement really, just pegged at a more junior grade. 

Part excited. New challenge to see how to improve or move forward existing workflows and tasks. And how to handle new arrows coming our way. A consolidation like this of 2 teams has never been done in the unit's 20+ years of existence. 

Part nervous. Hope I am up to it. It will likely be an all-female team. Hope I can handle all the emotions lol. (It is true, more ladies in a team = more drama). I know too that there are cans of worms here and there. I just hope the cans are small, tiny, shallow ones. A very close colleague will end up reporting to me. I hope our relationship doesn't change too much. With our chemistry and understanding of each other, who knows, maybe we can get changes and improvements smoothly implemented. 

Part wary. Taking over The Coll's portfolio actually. Yeah, I've not mentioned The Coll in here for quite some time. But yes, I told my boss that if she "choot pattern" and is uncooperative and not open to sharing information about current or past processes and handling of tasks, he needs to step in. He gave me his assurance and also intends to personally get involved in the whole transition. Which is good. 


It'll be a learning journey starting in a few months' time right through till next year...
So on the workfront, I think my tasks and aims are more or less set in a certain direction already...
I hope I grow well in this journey...

No comments: