Sometimes I get comments from colleagues like "It's Michelle leh! (of course the work is good)" or "Don't worry, we have our guru Michelle here with us."
I don't profess to know alot. I am still learning things and finding out little nuggets of info here and there, even after 13 years with the company. Neither am I exceptional, compared to some others out there and I am vastly pale in comparison to the scholars.
So sometimes it does make me a little uncomfortable when I receive such comments. I may feel "shiok" when I first hear them but actually, I don't want this to create unnecessary false impressions and high expectations of me from others, especially people whom I've just met.
I don't want to disappoint or fall short you know. Like..."I thought Michelle was a 9/10 but actually after working with her, I realised she's only a 7.5".
No comments:
Post a Comment