Friday, January 29, 2021

Niam Niam Time

Need a simple rant early in the morning. I know it's Friday but...

I guess the one who stays the longest in an organisation ends up bearing the brunt of the missteps, irresponsibilities, nonchalance (or intended avoidance), bad planning of past staff who have since left or taken on other roles in the organisation. 

Let's see. The painful and cumbersome things on my plate which were a result of others' doings:
  1. Cluster Server Project with International Organisation - this has given me ALOT of grief since mid-2019, and I am expecting another 6 more months (or more?) of work to be done for this project. KNN sibei long-drawn, and not my core work scope, and not value-adding to my work portfolio also.
  2. Mandatory technical testing for partners - someone else's project from 3 years ago but my side is bearing the brunt of it. Leading to contractual issues and negotiations and many headaches for my overseas partners. 
  3. Many other compliance, enforcement and policy matters - supposed to be done by The Coll. Laoniang quite TL over this. Just because she didn't want to do, she siam-ed many years, she sat on things for so long, but then now they end up on my lap?! Where's the justice? Each of these issues takes time and effort to work through. Even small policy issues need some time and effort for me to run through, think through and then propose a solution or way forward. Some entail research to be done. 
But nevermind...

Laoniang will bite the bullet and 继续走继续坚持...

I complain. I rant. I spew vulgarities. 
I accept. I take deep breaths. I stretch and meditate. 
I continue plodding. I continue taking things in my stride. I continue moving forward. 

Food for thought. 
To think through whether some of these things should be brought up during my 1-on-1 appraisal/feedback session with my boss. 

No comments: