Hammie has moved on.
Just discovered it less than an hour ago around 1110pm.
And I guess he passed on about an hour or so before that.
Judging by the state of his body.
Well...simply said...he wasn't that stiff yet.
Found him lying just outside his wheel after I got out of my bath...
Mouth slightly open..Eyes half open..
Right foreleg was curled close to his body...
Left foreleg and both hindlegs were splayed out..
I know it sounds ridiculous but it seemed like as if he'd been crying..
There were tear streaks from his right eye..something like the fur around his eye was matted and "wet"
Hope he went peacefully...
Became a member of the family on 6th September 2003. Bought him when he was a month old.
And left us on 8th September 2006.
He's the first pet I shed some tears for.
I was sad for the rest of the hamsters I had before...but well..
Guess Hammie was the only one who survived for so long...to the grand old age of 3 yrs & 1 month.
Shit. Wonder how Adrian's gonna tell little Mark about it when they come over this Sunday for lunch...
Mark always spends a few mimutes each week saying "hi" to Hammie...
Hmm...hope Hammie's gone somewhere nice...
Where he can chew on lovely nuts everyday and have wheels to run in again...
Hope he has his fav cotton bedding...and well...hope he has watermelon to munch on...
No comments:
Post a Comment