Was all alone in the office till 830pm yesterday..
Seems a tad boring to be at work till that time on a Friday night..
But well..guess it was one of those days when you just wanna get things done..
Was going to stay longer till I spooked myself by imagining things..
Kinda upped and left after my imaginations got the better of me and after my mind started to stone too...haha...
Trundled home..
Met Purpleskies & Peter Pan at Tjg Pagar MRT...They just had their gym session and were popping by Bugis for their (weekly?) dose of Jap ramen...
Reached Tampines at 915pm and still didn't feel the least bit hungry.
Decided to pop by Times Bookstore on a whim.
Spent some time satisfying my curiosity about how Fabrice A. Marie looked like..
Checked out Her World magazine and lo and behold..
He was right in there..just as Doodle had mentioned..
Wohoho...not bad siah...he's a professional IT hacker...and a security consultant...
Who'd make a better IT security consultant than a hacker himself?
Perhaps I'll drop him a note on Monday.. haha
And then I did what I told myself not to do...
I couldn't resist and got myself 2 books.
Thank God my pockets were screaming at me...
Else I would have just grabbed more books...
When you're presented with people like Arundhati Roy, Sophie Kinsella, Anne Rice, Cecilia Ahern...amongst a host of other less well-known names...
And others like Paul Coelho, Nora Roberts, Danielle Steel, Dean Koontz..and even errr...LKY..
Haha...it was like a literary high...
Couldn't decide what to get...I wanted them all!
Ended up with these two:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Oh well...a long time classic...just that the movie is probaly more famous than the book..1st published 46 yrs ago in 1960...
2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time - Mark Hadden
Couldn't quite figure out why there was a buzz sometime back about this book...Decided to get it..an extremely thin book...
But filled with interesting puzzles and mathematical equations..good to get some of those brain juices flowing....They've been stagnant for awhile.. haha
Was looking for those plastic wraps for the books...
But Times didn't have them and all the other shops were closed by the time I left the store..
Was walking back to the Interchange when I came across a Malay lady kneeling on the ground near the MRT..
She held both hands out and bowed her head at every passer-by..
She looked clean and normal, decked out in a white and black baju kurong..
Another 2 Malay ladies stopped by her and spoke to her..
And that was the moment when I walked past.
And I overheard her speak...She could speak proper English..
She's perfectly normal, she speaks okay. I wouldn't say it was perfect English but I'd think it was enough to get by in our society
And I thought to myself..
Why was she begging? It was not the 1st time I'd seen her begging..
Was finding a job that difficult? Did she have other reasons?
Guess I won't know...
Am not in her shoes...
No comments:
Post a Comment