Friday, November 03, 2006

Bad Dream Yesterday

Bad dream yday...From the way I see it...it reeks of tension again...
Been a few days or maybe a week since my last dream?

===========
Was in an amusement park with Dad & Adrian.
Perhaps something like a carnival of sorts...those which you might find in the States in the 50s or 60s...round carousels...big tents of red and white stripes...clowns eveerywhere handing out sweets to small children..

Mum was not there at all. Neither was Gran...
I seem to have an impression of Mei & little Marc somewhere...
Could sense their presence in the dream..but didn't really see them...
I think I was a young girl in the dream..barely in my teens...

We were watching animals performing tricks of all kinds...
Bears, dogs, cats, snakes, chimps, other smaller monkeys...
Hamsers and other rodents too...(though I know this sounds bizarre...what can a hamster perform??)

The scene zipped forward to after the performance.
I had somehow snuck to the area where they kept these stage animals.
I was appalled...those were horrible conditions...filthy, smelly, dark, damp, grimy...
And the cages were small with rusty bars...
Some animals were not in cages but just tied up on very short ropes, gazing at me with their sad, mournful eyes...
Food was stale and flies were buzzing everywhere...

I felt sad and angry..unjustification of the treatment of these animals and so I went round the cages, releasing the animals one by one...
Found a pair of shears and freed those tied to the ropes too.

The scene zipped froward again...
The warden found out...caught me in the act just as I was releasing the last one...
I ran. He ran after me.
The warden's angmoh by the way...

And I ran and ran. And he ran and ran too..Screaming and ranting..Hurling curses at me..
I kept running...on and on...
It felt like a small scale Jackie Chan movie...I was sliding down slopes and clamberingup grass slopes...

I am still running...And then like a flash, I morphed into an adult...like who I am today..
And like another flash, I met Chloe & Jenice.

I told them "Hey, can't tok long with you girls. Someone's chasing after me.."
They didn't ask why someone was chasing after me...but shared with me that they were going to Australia in a few months time for a month-long vacation.
I said.."Wah, that's nice. Ok, Gotta Go!!"

And then I ran again...panting & heaving..
Felling tired..but then again, strangely not tired...
I went where my legs brought me...
I could still hear the warden's angry voice hollering behind...though getting softer...

I turned into a corner and then..what the fish???
The street was suddenly filled with lotsa Chinese teenagers...
There was a banner that said StreetFest 2006. (FYI, there's really such an event in SG).
Hordes of these teenagers...All manga fanatics...
Decked out in those anime costumes...Hair gelled up to look like any one of those anime characters...

I got deeper into the crowd...and managed to shake off the warden...
But soon got lost amidst this teeming crowd....
Everywhere I turned would be someone dressed in an anime costume...
Some were gothic...black clothes, black hair...kohl-lined eyes...black lipstick..black nails...
I was desperate to find a way out of these people...

==========
And then I woke up...heart racing...
And it was 7-plus in the morning...
Cursed silently...took a few more winks...and then got up to prepare for the day....

Wah lan eh......grrrrrrrr..................

No comments: