Of the unknown...
Of what comes next..
Of what to expect...
Of what lies ahead...
Of what will be said to you...
Of what you will say..
Of losing it all..
Of losing yourself..
Of losing someone...
Of others...
Of yourself...
Of who or what you might become...
Cold fear..
Primal fear..
Hidden fear..
Open fear...
Big fear..
Small fear...
Fear dressed up in fancy ribbons and ringlets
Fear in its simplest...
Fear worn on your sleeves...
Fear kept in a pandora box in your heart...
Fear that you can fight..
Fear that eats you up...
The omni-presence of it..Shadowing you...
The ubiquity of it...Part of you...
The salacity of it...Drawing you into its circle..
I guess, it's something in all of us. Whether deep-rooted or not...Whether superficial or not..
Matter of how you handle it I suppose? Some master the art of masking or fighting their fears...Me? I don't think I am doing a very good job of handling my fears...I let it show..I let it nibble at me and my confidence...Sometimes it takes over and I succumb to it....A coward's way out? To take the simple easy peasy route? To let fear decide instead of deciding for yourself? I think I have become someone who holds back...instead of one who wrestles with it and perhaps converts it to fuel for greater things...
Pshaw...
No comments:
Post a Comment