Sunday, July 06, 2008

Of Weddings, New Friends, And My Old Friend

The Bored Beginning
The night started out bland, bored, uninteresting and a tad stuffy.

There I was...a stranger sitting at a wedding table full of others whom I don't know.
Most of them were all ang-moh-pai people...a little bit slang, a little bit atas...those 20-something or 30 yr old yuppies who look good, dress well, earn alot and speak well. I felt seriosuly out of place.
Chiewz was supposed to be there but she only touched down at 7-plus and reached home at 815pm.

Herng Hsi...I've only heard about him before but never formally met him.
Tonight when he arrived, he introduced himself to me and said "Chiez asked me to look after you..." haaa..That b*tch actually told him to "jaga" me cos I didn't know anyone else at the table lol...
Turned out he & his gf Cheryl were my saviours...They're really good sports. I had a really good time with them.

The Okay Portions
Chiewz finally made her own grand entrance at 1015pm. Lol. Come on, who comes to a wedding dinner at 1015pm?? ahhaa...
But I was glad to see her. Haha, she made it!
And so there were were, the 4 of us, Herng Hsi, Cheryl, Chiewz & Me who at least knew each other and were talking to each other...

The food was great. Conrad Centennial Hotel..how bad can it be for a hotel who claims its of a 6-star status?

The couple. I only know Kristin the bride. She's still the same as in uni days.
Still as pretty, still as bitchy, still as street-wise, still as smart, eloquent, lovable, worldly, and well, still as booby. Haha ;p Gave her a good hug when we left the dinner...Took a picture together too!..Hope I get to see it man...

It was really nice knowing Herng Hsi & Cheryl as well. Cheryl turned out to be such a sweetie to talk to.. ahha...and yeah, in that short space of 3 hours, we turned out to be gossip kakis. Hahaa...:)
Had a nice time drinking with her.. haha.

The Wonderful Aftermath
Chiewz sent me home. We were talking...just like old times. Like how we used to bunk in each other's rooms back in hostel and chat/bitch/talk away....

She's still the same person I love. She's still the same person whom I could talk my mind with back in school days..
Still the strong, whacky and hilarious person who has been through so much in life.
Been through so many ups and downs but yet still manages to keep that sense of humour about things...Love her for that strength man..

We ended up like a couple haha. She parked downstairs in my carpark...and we just sat in there for 1.5hours...We just talked away...
With her sharing some of her problems and with us talking about some other things...

When was the last time we had such a long and open face-to-face chat/talk? Ages ago I think.
It felt really good. It felt like as if we were two uni undergrads again...sharing with each other our woes, hopes and struggles..

She hugged me before I left the car...It's been ages too since I last hugged a friend. :)
I dunno, it's like as if she brought such a nice, warm touch into my life...
Yesterday I had a gathering with some other hall friends.Thinking back, yes, I'll say it again...some of these people really mean alot to me I guess...

No comments: