Couldn’t quite get up in the morning. Finally pulled myself out of bed at 10-plus.
Received a call from the boss and an urgent SMS from HC. *xianz*
It was about some call from the media asking about an aspect of the conference.
I didn’t quite have an accurate answer but well…managed to formulate some form of reply in that “caught-off-guard” situation…
Went to the Musee d’Orsay after a quick lunch of 2 chicken sandwiches in the room.
Nothing particularly too exciting here though.
There was an exhibit on photographs. Literally the first few photographs of the world after the camera was first invented. Sepia coloured pictures lined the walls.
Some of ghostly portraits. Some of pictures of other cities like the Taj Mahal in the 1800s and Buddhist temples in ancient Rangoon. Some of old Paris.
There were lots of paintings there. Not painters from medieval times like those of the Lourve Museum. Painters featured here were those from the 18th to 20th century painters.
Some of those whom I recognized were Claude Monet, Auguste Rodin, Henry Matisse, Edgar Degas and Vincent Van Gogh.
Paintings from Post Renaissance to the modern Impressionist times. You could see the dramatic shift in styles comparing the paintings in the Lourve and those in D’orsay.
Bought a crepe with nutella filling after I left the museum. Wah, one small thing and so expensive! Cost me $6 SGD. Finished it in 3-4 bites and moved on.
Went back to LV to buy a bag for HC’s wife..And walked the whole of Champs Elysees again. This time round. I went into the shops. Summer sales have started.
Amazing. Up to 50% off and some of the stuff were still expensive.
But some other brands like MNG, Zara, Naf Naf, Nike, Adidas, United Colours of Benetton and GAP were more affordable. Bought some stuff for myself and Ahboy.
Went back to the hotel around 7pm. Dumped my stuff in the room and decided to go out for dinner. Decided to have a better dinner instead of munching on sandwiches or kebab burgers. And so…I stopped by a pizza place that I walk by everyday.
It turned out to be HUGE! Think of a medium-sized Pizza Hut pizza and that was what I had. By myself. Only managed to stuff down 3/4 of the pizza…haha.
It was a mozzarella, ham & mushroom pizza.
Went back to the room after that and watched CNN.
It was showing the birthday celebration of Nelson Mandela in London’s Hyde Park in the evening. Also caught a Mandela documentary about his life. Interesting man. Interesting life. Determined, brave, strong man.
P/s: I think I will be swearing off cheese and bread for quite awhile. Or any form of bread and buns and sandwiches. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment