Couldn’t get up today again. Dunno why. Think my energy levels is depleting.
I guess being on my feet and walking around for 6-7 hours at a stretch for the past few days is taking its toll… haha.
I went to the Rodin Museum today. I saw the actual famous bronze statue of The Thinker!! Also saw the miniature version, of which the big one was based on.
Saw the other more famous statue called The Kiss…of two lovers interlocked in an embrace while kissing.
Went to the Invalides after that. It was an army museum. Army uniforms from England, Spain, France, Italy, Japan, China right from medieval times to the more recent 19th century. It was really cool…
Those uniforms and weapons you see in period movies and shows really exist…I saw all kinds of swords, spears, arrows, knives, daggers, pistols, guns, cannons, crossbows, scabbards, spurs, shields, powder flasks, sheaths, jousting equipment, hunting equipment.
Saw all kinds of armoury and helmets. There was even armours for dogs and horses and kids. Abit scary at times when you think of those warriors of yesteryears who were once wearing and holding these things…haha.
Voila! Went to the Eiffel Tower. Walked there from the Invalides. Bought a cold sandwich and munched on it while walking the 15mins there.
Took some time taking pics of the exterior of the Tower…and spent the next 45 minutes queueing up just to buy a ticket and climb up the stairs to the 1st storey.
The 1st storey was 57m tall. Manageable, though I was feeling a little queasy when climbing up. Kept wondering if I should go up to the 2nd storey and decided “What the heck??! I’m all the way here already..Might as well…” And so I climbed the next 52m.
After a few flights of stairs, I really could feel my heart pumping. Partly out of physical exertion and mainly out of nervousness. I stopped for awhile on a stair landing and snapped some pictures. The wind blew and I swear, the metal structures I was standing on was swaying slightly as well. I was 70m above ground at that time lol.
Kept on going for the next 15 flights at least, till I reached the 2nd storey at 115m. I had to sit for awhile. My knees were going jelly on me. Try climbing stairs where you can see through the stairs to the ground below, at a height of 100m and you’ll know what I mean. ;p
To reward myself for climbing so many stairs and for not chickening out, I bought myself a cup of Ben & Jerry’s. Hehe. There I was, munching on a cup of Chocolate Fudge Brownie sitting in the sun, on the 2nd storey of the Eiffel Tower.
Was deciding whether to go up to the 3rd storey and yes, I decided to go up though I ad a 10min internal struggle haha. Paid an additional 4 euro and took the lift up this time round. Up & up I went and finally. Voila! I reached the top! At 352m.
The wind was blowing. It was definitely chilly. But hey!! I was there right at the top of the Tower! Haha…I quickly took some photos and headed for the lift back down to the ground haha…jelly legs. ;p
Dabao-ed some bread and chicken salad for dinner…
It’s interesting. Today alone, close to 6-7 tourists or groups of tourists asked me to help them take a picture. Maybe my green blouse brought their attention to me? Haha…
Baby woke me this morning with his SMS. It was 10am Paris time and 4pm SG time…:)
He thought I was having breakfast outside…haha turned out I was still in bed.
Back aching slightly. Maybe too much walking over the past few days? The shoe I brought doesn’t provide a lot of cushion & support perhaps. Oh yah, the right one is breaking abit liao haaa…I guess gravel paths doesn’t do much justice to shoes sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment