Friday, January 28, 2011

Laments

I am a zombie today. With a stomach that is not doing too good. And a body that is retaining too much water.

Zombieness. I felt myself float through the crowds on the bus and the train station and in the train. I think I floated from the Promenade station to my office tower and somehow got to my floor and then to my desk. And now I feel like I’ve a piece of rock for my head, heavy and unwielding.

Slept late last night.

Discomfort. I think I need to install an internal reminder or internal warning system of some sort. Maybe some neuron could send a buzzing sound to my ear everytime I say yes to a glass of beer.

I forgot that in the last one to two years, I’ve developed an intolerance to beer. After having just one glass or mug or small bottle, my stomach will have an adverse reaction. Sometimes I am ok, most times I am not. It happened again last night when I was out for dinner with Daniel. I forgot and had beer…which resulted in me having a bad tummy this morning. I still feel bloated and uncomfortable…:(

Bloatedness. The discomfort of my tummy is further amplified by the general feeling of bloatedness. Something most women go through when that time of the month is drawing near. Oh why do my symptoms always change each cycle? It could be a breakout this time round, then it changes to bloatedness the next time round, and then after that aches and pains for the next cycle.
I think I might not achieve much at work today. Especially with 80% of my team being on leave or at reservist.

No comments: