Sunday, January 23, 2011

Year 2010

In gist.

I visited a number of cities, tried their cuisines, walked their streets, sat on their public transport, admired their architecture, visited their churches, explored their museums and bought their souvenirs. Kuala Lumpur, Brussels, Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Cartagena, Nice, Paris, Geneva, London, Venice and Rome. My fridge door has been lovingly adorned with magnets from different cities. :)

Some long-lost friends found me on Facebook. Some other friends went MIA, two of whom somehow missed my birthday even though they did not for the last 10 years. Kept things going with those who matter and love them even more.

I turned 30. And had a fantastic time celebrating with friends, colleagues and family. And I even had a virtual celebration with K too haha. I don’t feel 30 though. My mind seems to be stuck in my 20s. Denial? I don’t know. ;p

Started a mini gardening project and am still keeping it up!Cactuses and fittonias for the time being as they’re hardier plants and relatively easy to care for. Alison just gave me a pot of African Violets too. :)

Jogging also distanced itself from me in the last quarter of the year…wait, or was it the other way around hmm. ;p

I redid my entire room in June! Tore out my old furniture, put in new ones. All major furniture are dark brown in colour which is my favourite colour for furniture. Repainted the whole room in two shades of yellow. Threw out many old things and kept minimal items. Redecorated everything. Minimal items, minimal clutter.

Read more than 12 books (I think). Both fiction and non-fiction. Some were thoroughly enjoyable. Others were just forgettable. Bought a lot of books, at least 15 of them. Some in French, a majority in English. I’ll enjoy them slowly over the course of 2011.

My grand-aunt, passed away in May. My granny’s younger sister. I visited her in hospital 12 hours before theLord took her away. I spoke to her and I hope she heard me even though she had been in a coma for almost a day by then. The experience brought me a little closer to some of my cousins. Felt rather sad but I guess that’s life. I am just glad she led a good life and had very filial grandchildren.

Managed to strive on with French classes. Oui, et je pense encore que cette langue est tres difficile!

I saw the pope! Well, almost. I missed him by 10 minutes and had to watch him from a video outside the St Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City haha.

Cooked Loh Mai Gai (glutinous rice) for the first time and it turned out quite nice actually. :)

Permed my hair for the first time in my life.

Kept up my weekly visits to Granny. Except for the times I was traveling. I’ve lit candles and also prayed on her behalf in churches in Venice, Rome and Paris.

Embarked on a month-long break from work. The first time I’ve had such a long break. And no, the month-long MC in 2005 after my major operation does not count. I went travelling in Europe. And lived the life with K. I felt happy, fortunate and blessed to be able to take such a lovely break.

Other things probably happened in 2010. I can’t really recall. Then again, if I cannot recall, they might have been insignificant. :D

No comments: