Though it's a critically acclaimed movie. I have to say it doesn't appeal to me.
Less than halfway through the show, I was falling asleep.
The constant back and forth of different scenes cutting into each other was confusing.
The jarring acting of some of the characters in the show seemed quite amateur to me at times.
And maybe the fact that some of the scenes were shot in Singapore made it all the more surreal & unreal. How should I put it? It seemed like it was yet another Jack Neo movie brought to life on the screen.
I was trying my best to immerse myself in the show but got jolted back to reality when I realised that hey..errr....that's Francis Ng..driving along the streets near Clifford Pier.
Hey, that's Francis Ng walking along the streets near Clarke Quay.
Hey that's him AGAIN! Running along the Cavenagh Bridge...bleah...
It just spoils the show cos I cannot imagine such a plot happening in the streets of my hometown. Haahaa.
Why are all movies nominated for prestigious film awards all so arty farty and difficult to decipher?
Oh well...if you can't convince them, then confuse them...
=====
Okie...time for the next show....
Andy Lau's <
Woohoo!! With Louis Koo & Annie Yuen..
No comments:
Post a Comment