Wednesday, August 29, 2007

dreams....scary..

My dreams are all so morbid & surreal...it's scary..
Dreamt last night..or rather.. I think it's this morning...early in the wee hours...
Somehow have a gut feel it was in the morning...

I dream I was in my kitchen..feeling unwell & feverish..
I took out the thermometer...the traditional mercury kind..

The person who last touched the thermometer was my mum.
But unknown to both her & me, the thermometer was broken after she used it.
And by the time I used it, somehow or other..instead of sticking the bulb into my mouth..I stuck the other end (which was the broken part) into my mouth...I must have been too overwhelmed by the fever in my dream...

Marcury started flowing out and onto my tongue...Surprisingly, the amount that flowed out was highly disproportionate to the size of the thermometer...
It seriously felt like as if 2 or 3 tablespoonfuls were cascading down my tongue and onto my lips...

I freaked out. I took out the broken thermometer and laid it on the kitchen countertop..
I spit out the mercury...I rinsed my mouth and my tongue with water running from the tap...
I took my toothbrush & started scrubbing my tongue as well...

It felt hot. My tongue felt hot, the parts that were in contact with the mercury felt warm and hot...And I was so afraid I would be poisoned by the mercury..

Mum was so apologetic about it..hovering aroudn me while I frantically tried to srub my tongue clean of all traces of mercury..The more I cleaned myself though..the more I calmed down...

And all the while, somehow...I think my granny was in the background..I cound't see her in the dream clearly...she was more like a presence in the background..fuzzy wuzzy but there nevertheless.

I can't remember how the dream ended...

========
went to check out what certain things mean...
I still can't quite figure it out except that all my dreams lately denote high stress levels and of being emotionally upset & generally not mentally strong at this point of time..
Comments in pink.

metal = endurance, high strength, need to stay firm in basic principles...(couldn't find mercury..but well, it is type of metal right? ;p)
(ok, so I need to stay firm in my basic principles and do what I think is right?? is that it?)

kitchen = nourishment, productivity, new developments in life.
(true in a way...starting new job soon..new friends..and lately i have laid out new plans for myself)

table = place of activity, workplace, ready to start with your plans
(ok, at least this sounds positive.)

mother = approval or disapproval, from what do you need to feel nourished and protected
(this one..I don't understand at all)

grandparent = gentle authority, kindness, seeking support and shelter, inheritance
(oh well..when you feel down, naturally you'll need some support here and there)

sick = upset, unwell, part of you is ready to be healed
(yup, I have been upset recently)

poison = injury or harm, destructive thoughts or actions, there is something that no longer nourishes you
(this is true to a certain extent..there was something that nourished me alot..it hasn't stopped nourishing me..just that things took a change and it's no longer nourishing me like before...)

heat = intense emotions, stress, situation that needs to be cooled off
(yes, i feel stressed & emotional..have been so for the past 3 weeks perhaps)

cleaning = restoration of order, purification, maintenance, everlasting friendship.
(this sounds positive too..)

couldn't find explanations for fever, tongue and toothbrush...

========
my previous morbid dream involved swimming, drowning, lots of water & dead bodies/cadavers...

wah lau eh.....

I know I am not feeling too strong at this point in time..and it's true my stress levels are higher compared to 2 months back...
But to have it come forth in my dreams this way...

Is way too scary & morbid man....

kaozzzz....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o.O 101% stressed up liaoz somemore.. lucky u wun be seeing me in a few hrs time. or else cfm dream of much more scarier dreams..

learn to relax lahx auntie. later white hair and wrinkles come out. till den botox and hair dye also no use le.. =p~

anyway. dreams last for a few seconds only and dreams starts e few seconds u wake up.. n some people are able to recall their dreams. some ppl cant. some can even continue their dreams. this shows how stressed up one is/that fella most prob thinking about the same thingy bahx..

so... yeah~

dun so stress.. if u feel stressed up or wat.. think abt xiao bai dancing tt dance.. =X

oh btw.. where did u get meanings of ya dreams from ar..?

xiao bao once dreamt (some time ago le) of this fella. tall and handsome (a pity cant see his face at all). he's well accepted by my family members and we're so xin fu. i'm still in search of tt fella lehx.. wonder if its a sign.. LOLX!!