Sunday, June 08, 2008

Keep Looking, Don't Settle.

That's what Steve Jobs said.

Work forms a major part of your life. And you gotta love what you're gonna do. If you haven't found what you're looking for, keep looking and don't settle.

Which brings to mind. What exactly am I looking for?
I know what I day-dream about but is that what I am really looking for?

Some find their calling early on in life. Some take longer. I suppose I fall in the latter category...

I see myself plodding along the streets. Looking into every shop window that pops by along the cobbled path...I shun some windows, perhaps they are grimy and gritty. Or perhaps because they are the windows sheltering goods of haute couture within. Which I know I cannot afford and which might not suit me anyway so why bother stepping in?

I look in through some windows once in awhile when a shop sign catches my eye. I step into these shops once in awhile. I try stuff but I don't buy anything.
So I step out again and walk again.

Finding that elusive something.

There's a restlessness in me that cannot quite get settled down. I thought the current stint shushed out those threads of emptiness and feelings of being lost that I felt before.
But I'm beginning to think the embers are starting to be revived again. I am not stoking them vigorously of course. It would not be wise to do so.

I am thinking.....what value does the current work stint add to my CV? Is my restlessness only due to the uncertainties in my career aspects? Or some other issues?

No comments: