Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Written on 22 June Sunday....

The day started with a sandwich and a cup of jus d’orange (orange juice) in my room. Bought both items from a nearby supermarket the night before and dunked it in the fridge. Went to the meeting at 9 and was stuck there till 1230pm.

Went for lunch at a nearby French café with a whole bunch of folks from the Nordic countries. Scandinavia, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands. And 2 other Singaporeans and 1 Malaysian. Had the set lunch of roast chicken with mashed potatoes. Choc ice-cream for dessert & eggs with mayo for starter. Portions were darn huge!!

Went to Champs Elysees after that since there were no more meetings for the day for me. Went to LV! And err…heh, bought something. I think I’m having a crush on the sales giy who served me. Sebastien’s his name. Cool~! Uber cool~!! My fav guy from Il Divo happens to be a Frenchman named Sebastien as well…*swoon*

This real-life Sebastien was tall, can joke, very pretty eyes with pretty long lashes…and he was nice enough to show me a map of Paris and show me where to go once he found out I spoke a pathetic smattering of French. Actually, I only asked “What‘s your name?” in French and he stared rattling things off. Haha…Anyway, he speaks good English too and before I left the store, he actually gave me a namecard with his personal email address…Asked me to email him if I needed a guide around town…*double swoon*

The whole of Champs Elysees is like a huge Paragon or Takashimaya. Big brand names. Huge stores. Hordes of people and tourists (and also pet dogs, those small toy dogs like Chihuahuas, dashunds, Yorkshire terriers, etc). Lots of cafes. And lots of cars too. Needless to say, I didn’t get anything else. No more money and well, did I mention 1 Euro is equals to $2.14 Sing dollars!! Sibei ex. Haha…

Visited the Arc du Triomphe. And then walked and walked and walked. I think I covered more than 10km today on foot. Or maybe even 12km or more?? Walked from 4pm to 8pm.

Visited the famous Lourve Museum today. Very nice architecture. A pity I went there late. Couldn’t get in to see the “Mona Lisa” cos the ticket counter was already close…!!! Should I go back there another day just to pay 9 euro to see the Mona Lisa? Hmm mm…

It’s 430am in SG now and 1030pm in Paris…heading to bed now..Meeting will start at 830am tomorrow…zzz….feet are tired. Haha. Will go sleep….

Oh p/s: I think I am not fated with technological gadgets. Net access is impossible in this hotel though I am supposed to get it FOC. (but heng that I can log onto the meeting venue’s wireless network during meetings)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

auntieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

when will u be free to crapzzzzzz with meeeeEEEEEEEEEEE???!!!!


*pulls hair*