Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Written on 23 June Monday

Today’s a sad, lonely, boring day. I had an invite to a dinner at night, after the day’s meetings. Before that we all had a cocktail function held by the meeting organizers. Agreed to meet up at the cocktail place and then we were all supposed to go to the dinner place together at 830pm…

Think I’m too small a fry. I was forgotten…Waited at the cocktail place feeling like a fool. Standing there sipping a glass of punch, I felt pathetic. Approached a familiar Asian face and made small talk. Us minority Asians amongst all the big, tall Caucasians.

And I waited. Till 850pm. I gave up. I took the metro all the way back to my hotel area and walked back…passed by a kebab store along the way and dabao-ed the kebab set meal…kebab burger with fries and a drink. Went back to the room and watched SATC on my laptop…=(

Yeah, felt so “lang bei”.

And to think I didn’t feel good and thought of giving everything a miss by staying in the hotel…but roused myself fup and went for the cocktail…only to have it as a wasted trip…

No comments: