Day 4 of eating breads and sandwiches and mashed potatoes and grilled fish. Oh yes, let’s include grilled tomatoes into the list too…
Haha..Surprisingly, those restaurant meals are not as nice as a simple smoked salmon sandwich bought at a convenience store…The one bought at the store costs me $2.60 Euro…i.e. $6 SGD…and wah…super yummy…
Rushed off after meeting today, went back to hotel room to dump my notebook and I went out again…to explore on my own. I seriously think I’m a born loner….haha. Armed with my trusty map…I took the metro to St Germain Des Pres…supposed to have lots of shops & knick knacks…according to a guide I read online…
Knick knacks my foot ah! It’s was yet another place with branded stores!! I went past Helmut Lang, Sonia Rykiel, GAP, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Hermes, Escada, MAC, Burberry, and the list goes on…zzz…Needless to say, I didn’t get anything.
There were quite a number of shoe stores…But the shoe designs are all errr…..quite orbiang haha. Mostly on sales. But still super ex. For a pair of ballerina flats, a normal one I can get for say $40 tops in SGD was on sale for $56 euro. And that price was after a 50% discount…xiao….$56 Euro is more than $120 SGD lor….
Went into the pharmacy and hmm…a stick of Loreal eyeliner costs $13.90 euro…i.e. about $30 SGD…Argh! Wish I were in BKK! Hahaha…
p/s: did I share that the metro trains…there are some trains that you need to open the door yourself? Else it will not open automatically at each stop? We’re quite lucky that we don’t have to do that. The trains there, either you need to push a button to open the train doors, or you need to push a lever to get it open…else you can’t get in…or you can’t get out…
p/s: another cultural thing..in the supermarkets, after you buy your stuff, you’re expected to put your groceries into plastic bags ON YOUR OWN. The cashier lady will only scan your items & collect $$ from you. She is not expected to place your items into bags. If she so happens to do it for you….then she’s just doing you a BIG FAVOUR. Otherwise, she’ll just stare at you while you hold up the queue and struggle to pay up, collect your change and put your groceries into bags ALL AT THE SAME TIME…voila, do I sound like I’m speaking from experience??? That’s cos I am!!!!!!
It’s 410am in SG and 1010pm here…
Am gonna blowdry my hair, watch one more episode of Season 2 SATC…and then crash into bed…
Think I’m growing fatter hmm mm. Going by SG timing…I am really eating at irregular hours haha…thinking in terms of SG time, I’m having breakfast at 1pm, lunch at 7pm and dinner at 3am. Uh-oh….*crosses fingers*
2 comments:
so r u as chic as the parisian now.
I've realised the average Parisian is not as chic as what the media portrays. ha. The media shows you what they want you to see I guess.
Post a Comment