We have been playing with a sticker book over the last few nights. It has an animal/zoo/safari theme and there are animal stickers that you can paste onto the zoo and safari background themes provided on several pages.
She chose a zebra sticker one night and stuck it upside down on one of the pathways on the safari theme page. I intervened and told her the zebra was not pasted correctly and should have been pasted upright on its legs instead. She said no and that it was walking on its head. And then I thought why not?
Another night she picked a sticker of a flower pot and stuck it on one of the pathways of the zoo. She did it haphazardly and the flowers ended up not being sequence with the existing flower pots on the given theme. The OCD in me was screaming "That is so wrong! Pls rearrange the flower sticker!" Took me some resolve to stop my itchy fingers from trying to rearrange her sticker so that it would be nearly aligned with the rest of the flowers in the theme.
There are other instances where I found myself intervening and trying to correct her supposedly "out of the norm" choices. At times, I only realise I am limiting her when I've already done the deed. These days I am getting better and learning to let loose more. I am also getting better at stopping myself from "correcting" her creative choices.
Because whoever said a sun can't be coloured blue?
No comments:
Post a Comment