She woke at 1am after having slept at 9pm the previous night. She wanted milk. Usually after having milk, she would roll over and fall back to sleep quite immediately. This time round she tossed and turned and whimpered. I tried to pat her to sleep and hummed the usual lullabies I sang for her. It took me a long time to get her back into lala-land.
She woke again at 2:40am. Barely an hour after I last put her to sleep. Oh come on, another long night? I thought to myself.
I coaxed and carried, patted and rocked her back to sleep, to no avail. She whined and whimpered and fussed. She complained of pain and discomfort. She told me she wanted to poo and even made grunting sounds while exerting and trying to poo. I told her that it was okay and that she need not force it. She could still poo in the morning.
She seemed to agree and calmed down. She flipped over away from me. Suddenly she tilted her head, made gagging sounds and before I knew it, she vomitted. Big time. I literally saw her spewing out a torrent of erm...stuff. She "merlioned", in Singlish speak. Two big liquid projectiles.
I called K for help. When I switched on her room light, the poor girl had half her face covered in vomit. Half of her hair was slicked in slime and vomit as well. Her pillow was wet and hidden under a layer of semi and undigested rice, vegetables, milk and papaya. I thought I saw some fishcake too. Parts of the bed frame, mattress and floor were dirtied as well.
Not a pretty sight. The smell was rather funky too.
I whisked her off for a bath. K and the helper cleaned up her room.
By the time I brought her back to the room it was almost 4am. My job was still not done, I still had to put her to bed again. Which was not easy considering she just had a shower that pretty much perked her up and woke her from her slumber.
I am unsure what time it was when she finally fell asleep.
But she soon woke again at 630am. Sigh...
Anyway...I just hope she's fine and that her vomitting was only due to indigestion and over-eating..
No comments:
Post a Comment