Wednesday, February 15, 2006

4 months after SGH...I'll be at NUH...

Just got back from NUH not too long ago.
Thought it would take only an hour or two at max. Turned out to be a full-fledged affair which lasted till 3-something. I was in the hospital for more than 5 hours.

It's been confirmed. I have to go for the op.
The medicine ain't working at all. And the polyp/nodule/growth/granular or whatever shit you call it is still there. Big, fat and protruding in my voice box.

It's scheduled for next Mon. Kinda fast but I thought, just get the hell done with it.
The quicker the better. It's gonna be a day op if all goes well, I can go home on the day itself, after I wake from the GA.

=========
But I'm not allowed to talk for a week after that...sigh...how not to talk ah?
And on the 2nd week after the op, I'm suppoed to only talk softly, quietly & gently...think i have to learn from Elaine...hmm..
Also, from the 2nd week after the op onwards, I have to go for a few speech theraphy sessions.
To strengthen my vocal cords, to let me learn how not to strain my vocal cords & lastly, to help me regain my original voice..

Hmm..didn't know such a simple thing can translate to so much other stuff.

========
Took a blood test just now too. Supposed to collect 2 tubes from me.
I hate it. Totally hate it. Thought I would be okay since I've gone through it a few times before.
But today's blood collection was almost a nightmare.
Got poked twice in my right inner elbow. Couldn't get the right vein. Poked and prodded.

The doc gave up & moved onto my left elbow instead.
Got the right vein. But the outflow was very slow so he twisted the needle & moved it around, while it was in my vein...kaozz...

Was squirming in my chair & holding my breath. All tensed up & wishing it were over soon.
Think I spent almost 15 mins in there...

========
I have to avoid oily, spicy, fried food & dairy products for at least 2-3weeks after the op.
Hmm...which leaves me with only 4 days to go enjoy whatever sinful things I wanna gorge myself with..

No comments: