Was reading through some of the poems on my blog which I penned down in July last year..
During a time when I felt kinda down and scared of what to expect cos of the op.
Am kinda surprised at myself.
That I wrote all those stuff.
And hmm..that my mind managed to conjure up such imagery..
Kinda surprised at the language used too..
Wonder what inspired the mettle in my brains to spring up such things haa..
Think I'll find it hard to cough up the same type of poems now..
Hmm..my lang has spiralled downwards since that time I think.
Can't seem to garner much inspiration for such prose now.
The following poem was something I posted on my Friendster blog on 18th July 2005 and which I ported over to blogspot on 25th July 2005.....I like it alot..and reading it now just well...whams me...
The Awakening
In the stillness of the night
Silence envelopes me
Loneliness creeps in
Blackness engulfs me
The mind spirals into nothingness
And the heart yearns for naught
Staring at the ceilling
As shadows dance across the bare walls
Huddled under the covers
As sleep eludes me
Seeking the comfort of my own warmth
Finding the hollows of my bed
It comes, finally
Drawing me in its derisive force
Into a land without thoughts
Into a land without worries
Dawn arrives with its usual splendour
As sunbeams kiss me
As new hopes fill me
In a cacophony of sounds
In a kaleidescope of colours
Like a moth emerges from its cocoon
Brand new day, brand new hope
Brand new wishes, brand new fulfilment
Life is tough
But it's not the 'why' that matters
It's the 'how' that counts...
No comments:
Post a Comment