Sunday, October 07, 2007

Blast to the Past

Ahboy & I popped by Sunset Way yesterday...the new stretch of eateries were quite interesting..
Imagine having a pool & chill-out place in your neighbourhood...
Take the lift downstairs, cross a little road, and there you have it.. ahha..

There were various restaurants there..Chinese steamboat & grill buffet, a pasta place, a Jap restaurant, a New Zealand ice-cream shop, a meat grill place, etc..
The whole place was packed..Managed to get seats in the Chinese steamboat place...

Though my stomach was still a little queasy from the Friday night before...
But the more I ate.. haha the more I felt better...The soup was just so-so though..No lah, in fact, it was utterly tasteless haha...

===========
After dinner...we went to do something which I'd always wanted to do since a few years back...
But never had the chance to...

We went to visit NTU.. haha...abit boliao lah...But I miss those days alot.. haha..
And we got lost mid-way..But we finally got there...and our first stop was at Hall One...

I didn't quite know what to expect..Maybe I thought I'd see new structures or new things added here and there...
But when I stepped out of the car...I felt like as if I'd been transported back to 6-7 years ago..
Everything was still the same..
From the paint colours, to the badminton courts, to the laundry rooms, to the bike stands, to the way the name tags were put up in each door's plastic holder...
Even right down to the numerous slippers each room had...

Visited my old block..saw some people BBQ-ing there...Walked over to Hall 5 abit...showed ahboy around..
Went back to the car and drove around..Saw lots of new school blocks...saw Hall 6, Hall 8, Nanyang Lake, my school The Nanyang Business School, Yunnan Garden, NIE, etc.. ahaha...went up to the President's Lodge too.. haha..

Gave HB a call when I was at Hall One..but I forgot, he, Mao & Seng have already stopped staying in Hall One since the start of this semester...

Left in about45mins to an hour..
Oh well, memories..

No comments: