I spent maybe an hour plus in total over the weekend flipping through Nadya's Math textbook and a P1 assessment book that we got for her last year.
Was trying to get myself acquainted with the number bonds concept and with how things are being taught these days. Also took a peek at the upcoming few chapters...I don't know if I learnt the same stuff at the age of 6 or 7....and they are so fortunate to have such pretty colourful textbooks! Don't recall having such nice textbooks last time! haha....
Math is as much about Math itself...and also about English...
Cos if you can't read for nuts and don't even understand the question, then you won't be able to solve it at all!
Marked out some questions for her to attempt in the assessment book and so far she's pretty ok with things...those were the basic stuff...
Let's see how she fares in the next couple of weeks...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment