Wednesday, October 19, 2005

post op

Next day : 12th Oct

"Michelle! Michelle!! This is Doctor Ng here..." You are now in ICU...the operation was successful...You did good.!.."....Woozy as I was...tried to garble a reply...but my throat was too sore...couldn't talk..just made some raspy sounds..

These were my immediate recollections of what happened after the surgery... and from what mum n dad told me...the op took a whole lot longer than expected...I went through 10 hours of it..instead of the 5-6 initially predicted by john thomas...Slept the howle of Tuesday night...and by the glorious time I woke..it was already Wednesday..and I was parked in ICU...nooked up to a respiraory machine and a few other funny machines....and yeps..I was freezing away as usual...and huddled under 3 blankets..Gingerly lifted up my head..hwoa...huge bandage..And there was this irritatingly thick oxygen pipe in my mouth going down my throat...gosh..that was horrible...

Drifted off into sleep again..with a throbbing head & woozy eyes...and the next time I got up was when nurses were trying to get that pipe out of me...I gagged and sputtered..thought my throat was gonna be ripped apart man...face and eyes were swollen too...couldn't even open my right eye...swollen shut...could only open the left one..they finally managed to get the tube out....and then I went off into slumberland again.....the GA coupled with the effect of the tablet pain killers really zonked me out major man.....

...............

No comments: