Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ward 74 Room 10 Bed 2

Was quite relieved when I saw the room (4-bedder with air-con) to which I was transferred to from the ICU. I was given the bed just next to the window...as least it was not next to the washroom...

Plonked myself on the bed and started snoozing away...then dinner came..makaned...mum n dad left...ee-ma,auntie violet, ahboy came to visit....then left...and after that I was alone..so..next best thing to do is to....SLEEP. Sleep interruption is a thing to get used to whilst being warded.. nurses doing their rounds..the fella next doorcoughing/sneezing/wanting to pee or poo..the nurses themselves chatting...blah blah blah...

Slept badly on Fri night..partly cos I think I hahd a super natural encounter....or at least I think it was....from my vantage point...I kept seeing this lady dressed in the hospital patient gown...pink colour...she was standing at the sink...diagonally across the room from where I was...I kept looking at my handphone...1am morphed into...2am which morphed into....4am...and she was still there...still remember she was bespectacled...grey hair curly till shoulders...she was leaning against the wall...and peeped over the wall to look at the people in the room...It was werid...when nurses and doctors came in to do their rounds on other patients...nobody gave her a second look...which I found to be extremely weird...

It was dawn when a nurse came in to check on my blood pressure...I asked her in a hushed tone..."How come that lady has been standing there for so long already??? Doesn't she need to sleep??" And the nurse went:" Who? Where?? There's no one.." Freaked me out man...damn..shouldn't have asked her anything..haaa....anyway...huddled deeper into the covers after that, muttered soem prayers and tried to get back to sleep....thank god for drowsy medicine...haha...managed to sleep...Didn't encounter this weird thingy on subsequent nights......heng ah....

No comments: