Sunday, July 01, 2007

sunday already???? damn....!

Friday's workday was a miserable one..
Morning was spent floating around. Didn't quite have an idea what to do or how to do things...Or perhaps I was just zombied from the harried Thursday night I had.

If the boss does it one more time. I am gonna tell him nicely...that a boss should set a good example of timeliness and punctuality. Rubber timings are a complete waste of time & efficiency.

Please. You made someone wait for you from 1215pm till 1pm for an impromptu meeting.
This poor person hasn't had her lunch yet. And you dragged the meeting on till 315pm.

The poor girl had another meeting with another vendor set at 3pm. And so she rushed off for that meeting straight after yours. That one ended at 415pm.

And so she only had her lunch at 430pm. A miserable 15 min lunch alone where she stuffed herself with fish mee sua soup cos that happened to be the only thing left in the nearest kopitiam.

Sheesh.

On a separate note. Getting more freaked out. Put in charge of the telemarketing team now.
Of all things. Think I am back to my "chapalang days" again. Anything that cannot fall into any other units, comes to me.

========
Friday night..met up with Daniel & XL for dinner at Coffee Club at
Had the Cheese Baked Penne with Chicken. lovely..but sinful...It was a fun dish!! Lotsa gooey cheese everywhere... haha...stuck on my fork, on my spoon, on the sides of the plate...but YUM YUM!! haaa...

Kinda weird though...How can things be so coincidental?? Met YL there too..at the same restaurant...

Dan left after the dinner and us 2 gals met up with Xingni...and headed down to Zouk.
Xingli & Xingni..sisters of course..

Zouk...was kinda disappointing this time round. There was a DJ competition in Zouk itself so the place kinda sucked...went to Phuture and things were ok for awhile till there was a point in time...where things got too crowded.

I was plastered against a wall for a good 15 mins. Could move much. Heaving bodies...some moving in, some moving out..all stuck in a narrow passageway.
Was trying to act hero to jaga the other 2 ladies as well..Not that I am some kinda saint..but cos I was the tallest and less prone to getting jabbed by others...

Things cleared after about 20 mins or so..I suspect the DJ competition really drove people out of zouk and into phuture..hence the mad mad crush...

Was it me or was it the drinks that night..?? I think it was the drinks that night..felt like water..absolutely zero kick. I think the only drink worth taking there is the Long Island. But the other gals didn't want to have that...and so I ended up with the ubiquitous voddie 7-up.

Music was so-so at Phuture that night...still hip-hoppish...but they didn't quite play the nice songs...I messaged Kel..."Bro, Phuture just itsn't the same without you around!!" hahaa....

The number of youngsters there on the scene really made me think back to my own younger days..Think I was a total geek back then...gosh..
Lots and lots of young teenage girls...some still looking almost pubescent. Lots and lots of young boys...Some older ones intersperesed here and there.


In short..lots of young guns trying to look older...and some old ones trying to act younger and hip. Wonder which category the 3 of us fell into? haa...

Verdict for me??
Zouk is a better place to go if you have more people...For the 3 of us..I'd rather we stick to PowerHouse @ St James.

=========
French Semester 4 has started. Got a new teacher...Shenaz..
Think I'm gonna die real badly this semster. She's a tough one...

Speaks French like a bullet train...Corrects your mistakes with the sharpeness of an chisel...
Goes through the class with much pomp & rigour...Goes through French grammar with the force & decisiveness of a headmistress...

She asked the class if we were feeling stressed byt her. I told her yes...Eric told her yes too.. hahaha....Whenever she speaks to me in French..I just give her a blank look...and it takes me like close to 10 secs to figure out sloiwly how to reply her back in french.

Which reminds me. I need to go do homework pretty soon...
*freaks out*

===========
Catching a nap soon after homework...
Gotta be at Marina Mandarin for Kaiping's wedding at 6pm...Helping out at reception with XL...

Haven't decided what to wear...hmm mm....

No comments: