Sunday, January 22, 2006

spaced-out thoughts..

Got up earlier this morning to be an assistant sous chef..haha...
Was helping Mum & Dad in our annual mega-project..
The cooking of Ayam Buah Keluak.
Just thinking of the dish makes my taste buds excited..

Anyway, one wonder's why cooking Peranakan dishes is so time-consuming and takes up so much effort...
Just to cook this dish of 50 black nuts..Dad had to crack them open, I had to enlarge the hole..
And then dig out the flesh, mix it with fish paste..then stuff it back in..
And the spice paste has to be done for gravy..yada yada...

And ya, buah keluak always reminds me of Uncle Benny..

=========
Bought another cross-stitch that day..haha..
Hmm...700th day is the goal...
Aye..gotta have something to work towards...

=========
Tien Phey just messaged me to say that he transferred $$ into my account.
Gosh, then I realised I'd already forgotten that I lent him that sum of $$ 2 years back.
I know I didn't write it off. just that perhaps it kinda slipped from my mind along the way..

2 years..I remember lending to him when I was only in my 2nd month at LHUB.

=========
And yay! Got my increment!!
Muahaha...

Though that niggling feeling of whether to move on or not is still floating around consciously in my head.
Haa..can't remember who but someone told me to follow in HB's footsteps and go into teaching..
A notion which I am still adamant about.
I don't think I'll go into it lah...don't really have much affinity with kids..=)

========
Aw man...ANTICIPATION
Man U vs Liverpool...
Tonight 11:55pm. Channel 23 ESPN.

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your hearts
And you'll never walk alone

~You'll Never Walk Alone~

No comments: