Blinkymummy.
My new "idol". Haha...her grey matter simply oozes out more oomph and intelligence than the average person does.
Plus, she's super billingual..kaozz...Engrish and chinese both filly-felleh..
And I discovered that my grasp of the English lang has been on a downward spiral..TSK TSK.
I seriously need to brush up on it..
========
The brat in me feels compelled to complain again.
There's something wrong with my air-con. Wiring gona awry or something cos when I tried to turn it on just now, the electricity for the whole house tripped and everything was in pitch dark blackness.
Lucky it happened before Mum & Dad goes to Genting tomorrow.
But anyway, conclusion is that i can't use the air-con for the next one week...
TMD, I can't huddle under the comforter and pretend it's winter liao...
=========
Was watching Nat Geo a few days ago when there was a story on "Honour Killings", a phenomenon largely predominant in Pakistan.
It's a weird and horrifying culture. Totally demeaning.
Any woman who is seen together with another man, who is not her relative or husband, is deemed as highly immoral.
And this gives her husband or her male relatives the right to murder/kill her.
The documentary showed many cases of women being burnt to death just because their husbands said they had dishonoured them. Some were beaten, others were scalded and just left in a corner of the house with rotting wounds. There was this lady in her 8th month of pregnancy who had her eyes gouged out and nose and ears cut off. Luckily she survived and managed to deliver the baby.
Even if a woman is raped and she goes to the police but cannot prove that the guy really did rape her, she can be charged with adultery and jailed for life.
I mean, wtf? And these men claim that such acts are condoned by Islam and is stated in the Quran. According to the documentary, a check revealed that there is no such thing written explicitly in the Quran.
Many of these women are poor and illiterate. And when they get killed, their families are angry and bitter, but cannot do much about it either. It's a sad thing...
I feel safe here in SG man..
No comments:
Post a Comment