Sunday, January 08, 2012

AmeiZing!

Went for the Zhang Hui Mei "AmeiZing" concert last night with the sec sch folks.

Compared to her 2007 concert, I thought she was much more subdued this time round. More emo and less stamina as well. 2007 had been a concert full of adrenalin pumping dance songs and quick beats. 2009 however had lesser such songs being performed. Instead, she had a whole section of 45minutes dedicated to all her famous emo songs from her past albums. (Think I teared for some of the songs).

Not complaining though. Her voice is still as powerful as ever. Big lungs in a small body.

I also love the fact that a very big majority of her supporting stage performers are from Singapore. From the two female keyboardists and the two bassists to the back-up singers and even the drummer and the music producer.

Kudos Amei!!
May your music continue to touch us for many more years.


I think, I want to watch the following artistes. Hope they come to SG again:
  • MayDay (aka Wu Yue Tian) - their coming in a few weeks but I did not manage to get tickets.
  • Jacky Cheung - I was supposed to go to his concert this year but due to exigencies of work, I had to travel and had to miss the concert. Mega sad.
  • David Tao - I loved many of his songs during the peak of his career a few years back.
  • Jason Mraz - he touched my heart the first time I saw him sing live in a Youtube video. Sincere, unassuming guy with a great talent.

No comments: