Saturday, January 21, 2012

Project Updates..Progress Reports!

Project Moss seems to be slow-going. The two pieces of moss which I transplanted onto a new bed of soil doesn't seem to be growing nor spreading. Nevermind, patience...I shall just continue watering it everyday.....

Project Spring...the one where I am trying to grow spring onion from yes, an onion. Seems to be slow-moving as well. Hmm, I've only seen new roots grow from the bottom of the onion butnothing growing out from the top. No green shoots or anything. Hmm...am I doing it right?

Project Bonsai. The pot from K's dad seems to be doing alright. Don't think I saw any new shoots but at least it's not turning yellow on me. :) My own pot of ficus is doing good ever since I changed its position in the balcony. From being on the balcony window ledge to being on a table in the balcony, it's now growing a number of new shoots and some of its leaves are bigger and rounder as well. :)

Project Rosemary. Err...not quite sure what to make of this really haha. I had 2 sprigs of rosemary. I kept one in some water. It has been 3 weeks plus I think, and it has not rooted. Strange thing is that it is still surviving and doesn't seem to be drying up. I stuck the other sprig directly into a pot of soil and that cutting absolutely did not survive. It started drying up and so I threw it away. Now that I have rooting powder, maybe I should try rooting the last remaining sprig into the soil and see how it turns out. Hmm...

No comments: