Monday, January 30, 2012

Project Status Updates

Project Spring, where I was trying to grow spring onions by soaking part of a red onion in water, has been terminated because of a lack of any visible progress. Besides, a part of the surface skin of the onion was getting soggy and "nuah". Decided to throw it away last night.

Project Rosemary, where I was trying to root 2 sprigs of rosemary in water, had been terminated as well. One sprig dried out after I stuck it into a pot of soil. I threw the other spig away last night as well. After soaking in water for the past 3-4 weeks, I saw no signs of any rooting and decided to throw it away.

Project Coriander, where I am trying to grow coriander directly from seeds, is progressing well. Close to 20 seedlings have now sprouted, about 1.5weeks after I planted the seeds. They still look like bean sprouts though. Tall, very thin and extremely wobbly stems, with 2 leaves at the very top. I'm wondering what to do after this. Not too sure whether I should keep them in this state in the small pot. Think I'll wait awhile more and see what happens.

Project Moss, where I am trying to get 2 patches of moss to root on new soil and grow more, is still stagnant.....zzz.

Project Bonsai, where I am looking after a 20-yr-old pot of bonsai from K's Dad, is going alright. I saw a flower bud the other day and was elated. :) I hope more flower buds appear. A few leaves have withered and fallen off but at the same time, I've spotted 2 or 3 new shoots growing out as well. I don't know if the fallen leaves should be of any concern. Hmm...I'll give it a few more days. Wait and see.

No comments: