Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Journals

I have a penchant for notebooks and journals. I can’t describe their allure in words.

Maybe it’s the blank pages and the potential each page has to tell its own story that gets to me. Or maybe it’s the capacity of the book to hold my thoughts and give it some tangibility. Or maybe it’s just me with my obsessiveness of making lists and trying to organize things.

I’ve had acid-free books which acted as my diaries. I’ve kept one of them, a lime-green book, for 13 years and the pages have not yellowed one bit. Wonderful quality. Made in Japan.

I’ve also had cloth bound books, a variety of colourful Azone books, some from IKEA, and others. Big ones, small ones. Thing is, I buy some of them and end up not using them because….because I want to find the right purpose for using them and sometimes…I can’t find that right reason ahha.

I’d gotten Ally & PQ notebooks for their birthdays from the Kimmi doll collection (www.kimmidoll.com). I hope they find a right purpose for their books :)

No comments: