It's been a mentally challenging time since yesterday.
Brain was refusing to work today again. Body was asking for more rest and sleep.
Brain was working slower than usual. It took me more than an hour to craft 2 letters.
Gosh, on normal days it would have been settled in like less than 30mins?
Clear case of mental constipation.
Didn't help that I needed to go through a 32-page policy paper and compare it with an older version. Which makes it 64 pages of pure text??
Pages of words suddenly seem a tedious thing for my brain to process.
There are somethings on my plate which I know I need to do but simply refuse to start on them.
ISO & Audit.
Think the Deloitte guy will start calling for my head soon.
==========
Went for a nice nice dinner with See Soon aka Ah Kok.
It's been like 6 months since I last saw him?
He looked the same, albeit thinner. Haha, apparently lost weight cos he was sick.
And it was virtually a verbal diarrhoea session.
There was nary a quiet moment, except for maybe the minutes we took to scour the menu for nice munchies.
With a "Bacon & Spinach Quiche" & a "Beef Daube with Mashed Potatoes" between us, we talked the night away...
Mostly on updates with the old place, with updates on his well-being at work, updates on some common friends, and well some small gossips here and there.
I love this uncle.
Affectionately known as "Old Man" to me.. hehe. =D
Yeah, I love him for his wit, grit, sense, dependability, corniness, strength.
He's still driving his Airwave..sent me home.
Wah, think it's been more than a year since I took his car liao.
And yes, for the record, we were yakking away in the car too.
Right till my carpark.
Gosh, meeting up with him and hearing his updates on the old place has made me realise how much I miss the people there.
His avid descriptions of the work cubicles now and the colours and even the new corporate T-shirt made me so nostalgic I felt like going back there for a visit on Monday itself.
Which is impossible.
But I think Friday seems possible..hmm mm.
Maybe I should start making arrangements.
It's been on my mind for a long time to come.
To go back & say hi to those who brought smiles to my face just that 1 year ago...
And well, I miss the place of which I gave it its name and logo.
(Though together with Jenaline of course)
Maybe that's why I'm so attached to it...
Darn, I'm feeling so nostalgic. =(
3 comments:
auntie. u're so evil.
when i was still there. u din even think of visiting. only when im not around le den u wanna visit..
EVIL EVIL!! >.<
hahahaaa..opps!! ;p
Got lah, been harbouring the thought for quite long liao..just that never take action and couldn't really find a good day..:)
ok. cool. u better come n visit me too!! LOL!! =p~
Post a Comment