Sunday, April 13, 2008

Timber!! Oh pardon...TimBRE!!

Was at Timbre with ahboy last night.
The new one at ArtsHouse, Empress Place...not the one at Substation.

We were lucky. EIC was slated for a jig there last night.
And we had relatively nice seats near the stage. Only thing was that it was a high table.

I've never liked clambering up onto high stools. *rolls eyes*
Was in a skirt last night, heng it was a long flowy one that still allowed this tomboy me ease of movement. Lol.

The opening song was Mrs Robinson...a slower, more subtle, sweeter version compared to the original version.
Had some nice renditions of common pop songs & those from the 1990s and even the Beatles & Red Hot Chilli Peppers..

Wanted to send in my song request too..."Drugs Don't Work" by The Verve..
But gave up when I couldn't get any of the waiters/waitresses' attention.
Dan, maybe not chio enough. haha.

Pity we didn't stay for their second set.
I was half-stoned midway through their frist set which by the way lasted from 10pm till 1045pm.

And aiyah!!! I didn't get to take Timbre's pizzas.. haha.
The heavy dinner before that sort of ruined my chances of sinking my teeth into one of their famous thin-crust pizzas...

p/s: I had my fav Capiroska drink and well, the driver had an Apple Juice... lol
Needless to say ywhen the juice came, the waiter thought it was for me.. haha...

No comments: