Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The thing that feeds & clothes me

Work is cajoling me into an irritable mood.

There are many things I need to do and I don't know how to go about it.

Needless to say, most of these things were inherited from the colleague who left.

There are other things that i know how to do but things are at a hiatus with the bosses (or other people) so I can't proceed.

Frowns are making their way onto my face.

Oh beware! Wrinkles... :(

But I do admit. There is a small sense of satisfaction when things get struck off your to-do list for the day.

I've taken to being a tea-addict too. Camomile, green, earl gray.

Mostly drunk when I'm sifting through documents, or mulling over how to craft an email.

And more importantly, to provide me with that little bit of warmth in the 15-degree igloo I have the honour of calling my office.

There is at least 2-3 documents to sign each day.

On some days, it can reach maybe 10.

And for each document, I need to check through thoroughly before I sign.

Previously, I was naive and assumed things would be in order so I just signed with only a cursory glance.

Afterall, if you can't trust adults to do things, then who can you trust?

But oh well. Naivete can only bring you so far in life and in work.

I was chastised by a boss for letting a mistake slip past my eyes. Up, down, left, right, centre

The days past have taught me to be more cautious and never to assume that things will be in perfect condition.

So the mindset now is : Assume there is a flaw.

Check. Check. Check. Before you put your big fat signature on that piece of paper.

One bright point today. My Budget paper has been approved by the Board.

Who would have thought?

The Finance idiot drafting a Budget paper and doing a price sensitivity study?

Haha.

And it's back to work tomorrow. Only mid-week.

Am suddenly hoping for the weekend to arrive in its full force and splendour.

No comments: