Thursday, November 03, 2005

Insomnia

Sleep eludes me yet again
As I toss, i turn
To no avail

The body is tired
But the mind ain't so
And so the cycle repeats itself as it has
For the past few nights

Eyes wide open
As I stare blankly into the ceiling
Fingers clasped tightly
As I hug my pillow tight in an embrace
Willing the tide of slumber to wash over me

But it comes not
And so I lay there still
Reflecting and just waiting

Sheep no. 1, sheep no. 2, sheep no. 3...
Warm milk and some food to dull the senses
Clearing the mind of any thoughts
Chanting Buddhist mantras
Walking around the house in the darkness
All tried and tested
To no effect

Little wonder why dark rings fringe my eyes
And tiredness encapsulate my day
Attempts to coax the Z-monster out of its lair will be made again now
With more gutso and perserverance

==========
It's suddenly dawned on me that it's the 3rd of Nov already...Zain's bday. Dear smart Zain...who left us all in 1995, at the tender age of 15....due to mouth cancer...

Nevertheless, Happy Birthday..wherever you are...

No comments: