Popped by an arts and craft cum knick-knacks push cart stall at Century Square while out just now. Was looking through some interesting stuff when a voice next to me suddenly greeted me: “Yes, how can I help you?” It was a shrilly voice, definitely a child’s. I turned around and found myself staring at a wisp of a girl with a ponytail, around 7years old.
Wah seh, not bad siah! I thought to myself. The little girl sounded professional, mature for her age and was even adept at instigating me to "take my time" and browse around.
I was kinda caught off guard and didn’t reply. She continued and launched her sales pitch: “Are you looking for something? That one costs $2 and you can actually use them to make…blah blah blah..the pink colour one is not bad....”
I shushed her up..and then glanced around. Where the hell’s the mother? Oh ok…right there entertaining another 2 customers...Guess it's the festive season and lotsa people are shopping around for small gifts..
And then suddenly, another girl came over to serve me too. This one was prolly the elder sis, not more than 9 years old. She sounded equally mature and was also more polished and well-trained in her sales pitch…this elder sis could even cross-sell and up-sell me other products too man…
And come to think of it, their English was immaculate!
Whoa, I AM SIMPLY IMPRESSED!!!
Good idea to use one's kids to help out at one's stall. For one, with their innocence and child-like sincerity, it's easier to close sales..who can say no to a little girl in pigtails with puppy-dog watery eyes and dressed in a cutesey dress?? And also, guess it builds on their character and confidence too...a good way to expose them to different situations out there...
========================================================
Tao Zhe ~ LOVE CAN Concert 2005
========================================================
This is probably dumb...but erm...can anyone help me out here?
Out of the two sentences below, which is the grammatically correct version?
Suddenly both versions seem correct to me...hmm...*scratch head*
1. 14 days more to go!!
2. 14 more days to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment